|1. Hours in one position can cause problems—”avoid computer hump”.
2. During repetitive tasks, vary your rhythm and take frequent breaks.
3. Adjust car seats and on long journeys take regular breaks to stretch.
4. Pace yourself with heavy work like gardening—don’t risk a disc.
5. Watch children’s posture—they shouldn’t carry bags on one shoulder or spend too long at a computer without breaks.
6. During pregnancy, osteopathy and chiropractic can help your body adjust to changes.
7. Avoid strain when lifting, particularly small children and shopping.
8. Your bed could be part of the problem. Seek advice on choosing a new one.
9. For back pain, better to see your practitioner sooner rather than later.
10. Exercise regularly—your practitioner can say what’s right for you.